Broad responsibility to support all areas of Finance Department with primary focus on areas such as Payables, Recivables, Grants, Budgets and General. Areas of focus are to be determined and adjusted as necessary to provide for cross-training yet protect internal controls as directed by the VP of Finance. Key responsibility for all United Way industry and accounting standards of practice to ensure compliance and general standards of excellence and ethics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
Payables – Receivables – General Ledger
• Verify accuracy, approval and receipt of goods for requests and processes and disburses payment for all payables types
• Ensure donor intent is properly functionalized and recorded within program and support departments, coding with project id, and quarterly project report reconciliations
• Respond to vendor or donor inquiries: tax ID information, audit confirmations, questions
• Process billings, payments and reports for Financial Edge and Andar non-campaign receivables and related journal entries
• Provide support assistance for Donor Services payment processing of check logs, deposits & pledge processing back up
• Review bank correspondence & activity to determine if action is required
• Reconcile various general ledger accounts – receivables, payables and payroll
• Prepare schedules for auditors including prepaid expense amortization for monthly estimates and journal entries
• Maintain cash requirements spreadsheet
• Summarize and prepare quarterly investment activity and general journal entry
• Provide support assistance to HR Coordinator with Payroll Preparation
• Prepare summary of payroll & benefits into spreadsheets for functional time tracking and general journal entry
• Maintain fiscal year end and calendar year spreadsheets to facilitate audit requests and annual Form 990 preparation for officers
Designations (January, February, April, July and October)
• Review Andar Donor Choice reports prepared by Donor Services for accuracy.
• Issue disbursements for Andar payouts in the financial a/p system based on the Andar reports and prepare and reconcile the general ledger journal entries.
• Input designation data on Allocable Dollar Pool worksheets for the annual budget.
• Provide support assistance for the Andar Donor Choice payouts process and related donor questions as described in the Donor Services Assistant job description.
• Prepare monthly variance analysis for Statement of Functional Expenses
• File annual state Corporate Report and the Solicitation of Contributions Registration
• Review and complete as necessary Forms 5500-SF and submit
• File U.S. Census Bureau Report – Annual Services Report
• Assist Donor Services in processing campaign check logs as needed
• Assist with Finance Committee activities as needed
• Assist with preparation of Annual Budget
• Follow all organization’s policies, practices, and procedures
• Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
• Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents and governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
• Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
• Strong data entry skills and 10 key calculator skills
• Proficient personal computer skills including e-mail, recordkeeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
Bachelors Degree in accounting. Prior work experience in related field and/or demonstrated competency in accounting theory preferred.
Moderate physical activity performing somewhat strenuous daily activities of a primarily administrative nature. Includes sitting and/or standing for extended periods of time with the ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, works with the fingers and perceives attributes of objects and materials.
Disaster Response: Every United Way of Central Florida employee is a disaster response worker and is expected to work any time when the Polk County Emergency Support Function (ESF) is activated. It is expected that all employees will work in their disaster response roles as assigned after they have assessed the welfare of their families and the safety of their own surroundings.
Salary: Pay commensurate with experience.
Submit your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com. STAFF ACCOUNTANT must be in subject line.
Dec 21/17 09:00 AM - 11:00 AM Infant Massage at Family Fundamentals
Dec 21/17 06:00 PM - 09:30 PM YLS Aprons Event at Lone Palm
Jan 18/18 09:00 AM - 11:00 AM Infant Massage at Family Fundamentals
Jan 18/18 12:00 PM - 01:00 PM Board of Directors Meetings
Jan 19/18 06:30 PM - 09:30 PM 2018 8th Annual Belt Buckle Bash at Rocking H Ranch