Understanding the vexing nature of early childhood education, Layla Cribb may have cracked the code on how to deal with the stress.
A Master Teacher for United Way of Central Florida, Cribb has set out to instruct educators on the LMNOP’s while they teach children their ABC’s.
The LMONP Effect stands for Love, Mindset, Nature, Observation and Plan.
“I created the LMNOP Effect as a token to myself to be mindful on how I facilitate, react and implement my early childhood practices,” Cribb said. “Our jobs in the early childhood community are challenging at times and can be quite exhausting. The LMNOP Effect is a tool to be used when we may experience mental fatigue or frustrated with an activity that just didn’t work out that day!”
Cribb presented her workshop at this years’s FLAEYC Conference in Orlando. Steps of the workshop include:
• Love: The warm attachment, enthusiasm or devotion (love of the sea) and the object of attachment, devotion or admiration (baseball was his first love).
• Mindset: The established set of attitudes held by someone.
• Nature: The care and attention given to someone or something that is growing or developing.
• Observation: The action or process of observing something or someone carefully or in order to gain information.
• Plan: A Set of actions that have been thought of as a way to do or achieve something that a person intends to do.
“This workshop reflects on early childhood best practices for directors and early childhood teachers,” Cribb said. “When we create The LMNOP Effect - Love, Mindset, Nurture, Observation and Plan, we begin to remind ourselves that everything we do effects our professional development.
“The importance of our positions in the early childhood community affects people everyday. How we facilitate, react and implement our practices is instrumental to young children, parents and co-workers.”
Mar 12/18 - Apr 12/18 12:00 PM - 01:00 PM Build United- Register a Team Today!
Apr 03/18 12:00 PM - 01:00 PM Tocqueville Tuesdays - Bonnet Springs Park
Apr 05/18 05:00 PM - 07:00 PM Story Book Adventures Pajama Party with Elephant and Piggie
Apr 19/18 09:00 AM - 11:00 AM Infant Massage at Family Fundamentals
Apr 19/18 12:00 PM - 01:00 PM Board of Directors Meetings