What is YLS?
United Way of Central Florida Young Leaders Society is a group of young adults, recommended age 21 - 45, who make an individual pledge of $1,000 or more. By actively participating in annual campaigns, volunteering and community building projects, these Young Leaders are making a lasting, positive impact in our community.
While giving alone has its own reward, a YLS membership brings along with it some additional opportunities:
- Invitations to all leadership networking and social events, including the Belt Buckle Bash.
- Special volunteer opportunites including the Women's Leadership Council, Day of Caring and exclusive committee work.
- Networking opportunities such as Cocktails and Conversation and Dinner with 12 Strangers, which connects YLS members with established community leaders, allowing them to grow personally and professionally.
- Lunch N Learn sessions which give members the opportunity to learn more about United Way and the impact of their gift.
- Social events with like minded young professionals from across our community, such as the Annual Aprons Event and Celebration.
YLS Step-Up Program
Allows donors to contribute a minimum of $250 their first year, with the intention to step up to $1,000 by their fourth year of membership. Members participating in the step-up program immediately begin enjoying the benefits of YLS membership and are recognized as United Way of Central Florida Leadership Givers.
Katherie Fitzwater, Curious Jane
2016 YLS Chair
Upcoming YLS Events, (please look out for emails on the upcoming events to register. If you are not able to receive our emails, please contact Cyril Etienne at firstname.lastname@example.org or 863.648.1500 ext. 269):