Family Fundamentals is a parent resource center and a project of Success By 6. Success By 6 is a community-wide children’s initiative, spearheaded by United Way of Central Florida and founded by Carol Barnett of Publix Charities that brings together resources to form a community partnership. Success By 6 is an initiative to make early childhood development a top priority in Polk, Hardee and Highlands counties and to ensure that all children, by the age of six, have the physical, emotional, social, and mental foundation to succeed in school and in life.
Here are 8 reasons you should visit Family Fundamentals:
- There is no other place like it in the country. There are other parent resource centers in existence, but none that partner with a healthcare facility. We are located on the top floor of the Lakeland Volunteers in Medicine Clinic that provides free medical service to the uninsured and underinsured.
- We provide greater access to services. We are forty-one community agencies that partner to provide service to children and their families in a one-stop opportunity at Family Fundamentals everyday. We serve all people from all walks of life and all socioeconomic classes. We provide free services to all.
- We work to strengthen families. We provide parents, grandparents, caregivers, guardians. with all the resources and support they need to be the best parents they can be!
- We promote family literacy. We provide special events to promote the importance of reading to children beginning at a very early age.
- We know the importance of early childhood education. We provide different types of parenting classes on-site. We have classes for children ages birth to six.
- We provide a warm and welcoming place for parents and other family members to come and access information, support services, and parenting tools while they have fun!
- We offer many ideas and activities to promote the brain development and family relationships children need to enter school ready to succeed. Recurring activities for parents and children include, Great Beginnings for babies, Read, Sing, Play! For two year olds and the Gap Classes for three and four year olds.
- We provide developmental evaluations, counseling, casework, and many other services.
We are located on the second floor of the Lakeland Volunteers in Medicine building at 1021 Lakeland Hills Boulevard, on the corner of Memorial Boulevard and Lakeland Hills.
For more information call 863-686-1221 x222, or email email@example.com