United Way of Central Florida Highlands County Division hosted its
Annual Meeting on April 4 at the Sebring Civic Center. The organization
gathered to celebrate volunteerism and assess the impact United Way is
making on the communities in Highlands County.
Dusty Johnson, 2011 Campaign Chair, announced that more than 2,000 donors had pledged a total of $470,000, the third-highest collection in Highlands County history and an 11 percent increase over the previous year. Johnson also thanked the 55 businesses and government agencies that ran donation campaigns.
Other appreciation awards were given to the 2011 Community Investment Team Co-Chairs, Steve New and Claudia Bishop. The Community Investment Teams assume the task of reviewing the agency programs to offer the best possible return of donor dollars.
South Florida Community College was recognized for its continued support of United Way. United Way also honored Tami Cullens, the 2011 Loaned Executive sponsored by Mosaic Industries.
Alan Jay Wildstein, owner of Alan Jay Automotive Network, was recognized for his contributions as an Alexis de Tocqueville Society member of the United Way of Central Florida – Highlands County Division. Membership in the society is granted to individuals and families who invest $10,000 or more annually to United Way.
Awards were presented to recognize exemplary corporate citizenship of companies that generated the highest total number of dollars pledged in Highlands County. The Top Ten Dollar Accounts winners for 2011 are:
1. Publix Super Markets- $137,242
2. School Board of Highlands County– $78,031
3. Alan Jay Automotive Network– $37,058
4. Florida Hospital Heartland Division- $21,002
5. Lykes Bros. Inc. - $19,271
6. South Florida Community College –15,566
7. Highlands Independent Bank –$15,000
8. SunTrust Bank –$13,900
9. Heartland National Bank –$11,996
10. CenturyLink –$11,748
Awards were also presented to companies that achieved the highest per capita employee gifts based on the total employee contributions. Through this analysis, the United Way selected the following Generous Givers winners.
1. CliftonLarsonAllen – Per capita gift of $460
2. MorganStanley SmithBarney – Per capita gift of $450
3. SunTrust Bank – Per capita gift of $342
4. Heacock Group Inc – Per capita gift of $257
5. Heartland National Bank – Per capita gift of $249
6. Publix Super Markets – Per capita gift of $201
7. Wicks, Brown, Williams– Per capita gift of $154
8. Highlands Independent Bank – Per capita gift of $121
9. Alan Jay Automotive Network – Per capita gift of $121
10. The Andersons, Inc. - Per capita gift of $117
United Way recognized those employee coordinators that went above and
beyond for their campaigns and brought about great results. Brian
Stokes, North Sebring Publix, helped increase their campaign by 29% for
a total gift of $56,112. Belinda Decker, Clerk of Courts, helped
increase their campaign by 163%! Susie Hale, South Florida Community
College, helped increase their campaign by 27% to reach their highest
total ever! Finally, Robin Scheck, SunTrust, was named Employee
Coordinator of the Year. SunTrust's average employee gift increased by
an astounding $203 this year! She helped double their employee giving
and raised a total of $13,900.
Photo courtesy of Highlands Today
Mar 12/18 - Apr 12/18 12:00 PM - 01:00 PM Build United- Register a Team Today!
Apr 03/18 12:00 PM - 01:00 PM Tocqueville Tuesdays - Bonnet Springs Park
Apr 05/18 05:00 PM - 07:00 PM Story Book Adventures Pajama Party with Elephant and Piggie
Apr 19/18 09:00 AM - 11:00 AM Infant Massage at Family Fundamentals
Apr 19/18 12:00 PM - 01:00 PM Board of Directors Meetings