While you're deciding your New Year's resolutions, why not add a commitment to Live United to your list? Living United means taking action to give, advocate, or volunteer to create lasting, meaningful change in our community. It means joining forces with United Way of Central Florida to work toward the common good by driving measurable results in the areas of education, income, and health. And while that sounds like an overwhelming task, there are definite things you can do to make our community a better place.
Here are just a few examples of how you can Live United in 2013:
1. Volunteer to become a Reading Pal and read to at-risk children in order to increase their reading and vocabulary skills.
2. Advocate for change by encouraging other people to Live United. Share what you know about us. Tell a story about how United Way has affected your life or the life of someone you know.
3. Give to United Way's campaign and see your donation go to programs that create measurable, verifiable, and lasting change in the areas of education, income, and health.
4. Volunteer to be on one of the committees that oversees the grant process, and learn more about our partners.
5. Advocate for Family Fundamentals and Success by 6 by telling parents of small children about our facilities and programs.
We'll be featuring more information about what it means to Live United in future newsletter articles, so follow along and find out more about how you can Live United, too!
Mar 12/18 - Apr 12/18 12:00 PM - 01:00 PM Build United- Register a Team Today!
Apr 03/18 12:00 PM - 01:00 PM Tocqueville Tuesdays - Bonnet Springs Park
Apr 05/18 05:00 PM - 07:00 PM Story Book Adventures Pajama Party with Elephant and Piggie
Apr 19/18 09:00 AM - 11:00 AM Infant Massage at Family Fundamentals
Apr 19/18 12:00 PM - 01:00 PM Board of Directors Meetings